Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Queen Anne Style Doll...

Please meet Ladye Elizabeth...

She is my version of a Queen Anne style doll.


I have worked over a 100 hours on her and did my very best to make her look like she was made hundreds of years ago.

She can be gently posed at the shoulder, elbow, hips and knee joints.  As you can see in this next photo, I have posed her arms.


She has black antique glass eyes and measures 13.5 inches tall.  She will also come with a doll stand that I made for her, so she may be displayed.



Her dress, undergarments and bonnet are entirely made from humble cottons and antique lace, which I hand dyed and aged.  For her undergarments, I made Victorian pantaloons, Primitive bustle pads (which I embroidered with her initials L and E) and a Petticoat.  I also made her Victorian lace up boots, that I've antiqued and aged along with a little necklace made of tiny glass beads.


Ladye Elizabeth is very soft spoken and enjoys reading poetry.



Thank you so much for visiting and viewing Ladye Elizabeth!

She is now available for adoption in my Etsy Shop.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your dolls!

Печенюшка said...

She is so beautiful!

maddyrose said...

Your Queen Anne style doll turned out quite lovely. You've really created a wonderful doll.

Laura said...

oh my gosh, she is so beautiful!
blessings
~*~

Julie said...

Hi Eveland,
I just found your blog recently and I am so happy I did. I just love your dollies and this little lady is so WONDERFUL!!!
I hope you are having a lovely evening,
Julie

Julie said...

Hi Evelyn,
I tried leaving a comment a few minutes ago,but I think this computer spit it out.
I just want to let you know I am so happy I found your blog. I think your dollies are all just wonderful. This little lady is no exception, and I just love her.
Have a wonderful and lovely evening,
Julie

LuLu said...

She is exquisite! really love all the detail ;)